Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation that will explain your diagnosis and treatment options. We typically will perform a dental cleaning (prophylaxis) as well. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
• X-rays (if applicable)
• A list of your current medications
• If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
• A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under the age of 18 at the consultation visit.
• Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.)
• You will need to let us know if you are on any medications (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.)
If you have x-rays from a previous dentist or physician, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.